Personalised Clinical Pilates Melbourne
Richmond Physiotherapy Clinic has a Clinical Pilates Melbourne studio / gym for delivery of rehabilitation physiotherapy treatment, exercise prescription and sport medicine care.
We will help you to achieve the best outcome from your physical problem or injury. Our goal is to restore and maintain optimal physical function and mobility.
- Dynamic stability training (research based) utilizing specialist clinical reformers, foam rollers, balls and balance equipment.
- Acute and chronic injuries
- Rehabilitation of the spine, necks, knees and other joints.
- Pilates classes and programs performed by qualified physiotherapists are covered by Health Insurance extra’s cover.
If you have Bupa or Medibank Private cover you are eligible to receive significant discounts as we are an accredited practice and a preferred provider. Work Cover, TAC, DVA and EPC patients also applicable.
About Clinical Pilates
Pilates is a series of exercises that are performed in a way to increase core strength and stability, while also increasing circulation and flexibility.
Instructors are specifically trained to effectively modify the exercises for particular body types, postural issues and patient conditions.
Some of the benefits of Richmond Physiotherapy Clinic Clinical Pilates are:
- Improved posture & body awareness
- Increased core stability & strength
- Decreased pain, tension & stress
- Injury prevention
- Increased circulation & flexibility
- Longer & leaner muscles
- Improved neuro-muscular coordination
- Increased function and energy
- Enhanced athletic performance
When back and joint pain occur, the core muscular system alters its activation pattern. This may result in poor joint position and lead to an increase in pain. The core trunk stability muscles (Transversus Abdominus and Lumbar Multifidis) in combination with the hip muscles are responsible for supporting the spine and the surrounding joints.
The use of pressure biofeedback and specific exercises helps to isolate your core muscles and regain correct activation. This allows better movement and less pain.
Clients are assessed to determine the most beneficial rehabilitation program.
Modifications to specific pilates exercises are made to ensure safety and effectiveness, specific to your condition.
You should attend at least 3 individual rehabilitation pilates mat and reformer sessions to ensure knowledge and accurate implementation of the exercise.
Richmond Physiotherapy Clinic reformer beds, resistance bands, stability balls are utilized to modify exercises and enhance benefits as appropriate.